Phone Number : 86-19925421817
WhatsApp : +8613724374817
October 30, 2020
Fiber media converter is also called photoelectric converter, which is an ethernet transmission media conversion unit that exchanges short-distance twisted-pair electrical signals and long-distance optical signals.
Different observation angle make people have different understandings of fiber media converter. For example, according to the transmission rate, they are divided into single 10M, 100M, 10/100M adaptive and 1000M fiber media converter.
According to the working mode, it can be divided into fiber media converter working at the physical layer and working at the data link layer.
From a structural point of view, it can be divided into desktop (stand-alone) and rack-mounted fiber media converter.
According to the different access fibers, there are two types: multi-mode & single-mode fiber media converter.
In addition, there are single-fiber / dual-fiber fiber media converter, built-in power / external power fiber media converter, as well as managed / unmanaged fiber media converter.
Fiber optic transceivers break the 100-meter limitation of Ethernet cables in data transmission, relying on high-performance switching chips and large-capacity buffers, while truly achieving non-blocking transmission and switching performance, it also provides balanced traffic, isolation of conflicts and error detection etc. functions ensure high security and stability during data transmission.
In essence, the media converter only complete the data conversion between different media, which can realize the connection between two switches or computers within 0-100Km, but the actual application has more expansion.
1. Realize the interconnection between switches.
2. Realize the interconnection between the switch and the computer.
3. Realize the interconnection between computers.
4. Transmission relay: When the actual transmission distance exceeds the nominal transmission distance of the media converter, especially when the actual transmission distance exceeds 100Km, if the site conditions permit, two transceivers are used for back-to-back relay. It is a very cost-effective solution.
5. Single-multi-mode conversion: When single-multi-mode fiber connection is required between networks, one multi-mode transceiver and one single-mode transceiver can be connected back to back, which solves the problem of single-multi-mode fiber conversion.
6. WDM transmission: When the long-distance optical cable resources are insufficient, in order to increase the utilization rate of the optical cable and reduce the cost, the media converter and the WDM can be used together to transmit the two channels of information on the same pair of optical fibers.